Back in November I announced I was transitioning hosts for this web site. I’ve managed to get everything fully transitioned back to a self hosted site. Amazon Web Services are awesome. More control, more power, more capacity and less cost. Hard to beat. I’ll not speak poorly of where I’ve been but it was definitely [...]
Marking Sugar’s passing
Monday evening I received a call from Carole‘s sister Alice. My Dad had several heart attacks and was currently in the Emergency Room at the Kettering Medical Center. He had been at the VA Center having an issue with his foot looked in to when he first started experiencing symptoms of a heart attack. The [...]
Aaron Swartz died yesterday. He committed suicide. I’ve been reading about Aaron for years it seems. Turns out he was only 26 years old at the time of his passing. He’s a contemporary of my son. He managed to help write the specification for sharing content across web sites (RSS 1.0) at the age of [...]
Matt was the first person to offer a cautionary note when Becky and I told him we were considering purchasing our first wide screen TV on or near Black Friday (yea – we love the 90′s). His advice was to wait, adding TVs aren’t really discounted before Christmas. We’ve gotten used to using Will‘s TV while he’s [...]
- Fine Tuning Gone July 31, 2009
- E-Mail is not the Problem June 23, 2008
- Adalene’s Priorities February 14, 2012
- Caption Contest January 1, 2009
- Cubicles April 23, 2006
- …and we’re back February 2, 2013
- Sugar January 18, 2013
- Heart Attack January 13, 2013
- Aaron Swartz January 12, 2013
- Black Friday? December 13, 2012
- Released by the Surgeon | Field Notes: [...] For all the details please read my original ...
- David Pappas: Thanks Steven. I'm going to continue to scan...
- Steven Facker: Wow, thank you, David! I love seeing these pictur...
- David Pappas: Hard to believe they think that works....
- Marcus: I recently heard 2 people in an elevator conversin...
Follow @djpappas on Twitter
IT Professional | Civic Volunteer
Risk and Compliance Manager at Standard Register, father to Matt and Michelle, husband to Becky, son to John, Marjorie and Carole. David lives in the Dayton Ohio area, serves his community through several activities including the Troy Strawberry Festival, the Troy Strawberry Festival Soccer Invitational and other civic roles. Check out my professional and personal bios.